I am getting asked a bunch about cameras and filming (recording teacher) lessons. So here are my thoughts....
- You do not need a camera. Use your chrome book or laptop. If you need one please come see me.
- Use ScreenCastify. Instructions are here on the blog somewhere! When opening it, chose "Camera Only" and it does not capture your screen.
- When recording be sure to stay in the recording screen.
- Have a helper watching to move or point the laptop (as you would a camera).
- Edit it if you feel the need.
- I believe in making things simpler for classroom teachers. You already have a camera and software to make videos.
- Don't use video editing software such as iMovie or Adobe's Premier. See above. KISS etc. Stick to YOUR content, you are not making professional videos - you're teaching math or other content!
- Sure, go ahead make a few good ones to see that it can be complicated and time consuming.
If you did (do?) have a camera...
- Where does the video save? Disk, "phone"
- Do you need to get it to your computer?
- Will you edit it?
- How will you get the video to Canvas?
Yes, I have answers to all those questions but....
A laptop and screencastify is pretty much... 2 clicks!
- Click the copy sharable link button in screencastify
- paste it into Canvas.