I would be happy to come work with and show you any or all of the items below.
- If you have a boxlight you should NOT have a PC. Use your laptop with your TV only. If you do still have a PC... don't tell anyone! They are old and outdated.
- Is great
- Accounts were added and Lynx software can be downloaded. (click for that info.)
There should be 3 accounts on the TV. You, Owner (admin), and Guest (for subs)
- Chrome was added in the apps but I can't figure out how to log in to it yet! (Plus #2 above)
- It is a 2nd Monitor and you may have to adjust your displays. (Right click on desktop - display settings)
- You might have to change your sound output from computer speakers to...? (Not sure what it would be called!)
- Adjust volume by clicking the arrow on the right then "Input"
- Push and hold the power button to shut it down every night.
- Hard "Power Off" rocker switch under the TV where the power comes in. (Just in case you need to know)
- Ideally you can fold your laptop over and travel around the room while you are presenting on your screen. Or just be out amongst them and teach from there.
- It seems like you do NOT have to allow a connection anymore it just connects automatically when you open open the app. It is doing that on the new ones anyway. Not sure what will happen in future security.
- You can also leave your laptop at your desk (or where ever you want) and use a wireless keyboard and mouse to move about the room. (a "clicker" might only advance slides)
If you are still teaching from the front and for good reasons you may as well just hardwire your laptop.
- Plug the HDMI (carries A/V) and USB (for touch) cords into your laptop. During installation these were left behind the TV. KEEP them there!!!
- More security/reliability than a wired connection.
- You can STILL use a wireless keyboard and/or mouse to travel around the room and teach.
- You can also use the touchscreen.
- YOU MUST do this to show some video... aka Disney+ and other streams.
- If you're hardwired be sure to NOT open the Unplug'd app... (Remember how it connects automatically)
- Be sure to change your input to HDMI...
- The TV is just a big device anyway.
- Open the browser (Opera or Chrome) and go to your websites. They are mobile versions of the app but many sites let you switch to the desktop versions.
- Use the notes app to draw and teach. Or LYNX app.
- Explore the other apps.
- Plug your wireless keyboard/mouse into the USB port on the TV and move to a desk
- Plug your doc cam into the TV and open the doc cam app on TV.
If you read all the way down here and do NOT have a wireless keyboard please come tell the "Word of the day" and get your keyboard.
The magic word is = ... click here...